Setting Free

Thursday, October 6, 2011

He raised his hand to hit maa again
Sitting in a corner, it seemed darker than it was
Setting free a storm, my rage and inner rain
I jumped, tore him apart with my adolescent paws

I suffered his cruelty, a lesser wage everyday
Worked harder than a labourer, because I was
So I snatched his unjust prosperity and ran to the bay
For more meals and sins for my tarnished jaws

I didn’t expect life to be dreamlike so soon
She was beautiful, charismatic, carefree like me
We used to walk for miles and lay silently under the moon
But I had to let her go, for me, by setting her free

Lands and cars and ample lush in my pockets
Today, I have everything I wanted, I do
Even unwanted guns, missiles and rockets
But what I don’t have is peace, pride and you

It’s funny how I am still trying, trying to set free
From this loneliness, regret and shameful me
That’s what I need, not wealth, land or sea
I need some help setting free from me.

I need some help setting free… from me.




















- Adarsh Munjal
[6th October, 2011]

1 comments:

Priyanka said...

Its beautiful...